I welcome you to this website as Chair of Governors of Fladbury CE First School. We are a small, friendly, Christian village school with close links to Church and community. As Governors of Fladbury School, we take a pride in the achievements of the children, which are brought about through the care and devotion of our teaching and support staff.
Teamwork is crucial to the success of a small school and we are delighted with the way our management team, teachers and support staff work together to provide a warm, friendly environment in which all children can develop and realise their full potential.
In this we are supported by the parents, individually and through the parent teacher friends association (PTFA). Parents give the school an enormous amount of their time, either helping out in the classrooms, or fundraising at the many and varied social events. I encourage you to come and support us at the many events which take place throughout the year and hope to have the opportunity of speaking with you at that time.
John Powell, Chair of Governors
The Role of the Governors
The role of Governor at Fladbury School, as a Church of England voluntary aided school, is defined in its instrument of governance and details are available at the bottom of this page. Further guidance on the role of School Governor can be found on the Department for Education website on this link.
Details of membership of the Governing Body, together with meeting dates and copies of non-confidential minutes are available from the school office. In addition, there are a number of subcommittees dedicated to specific areas such as finance, curriculum and standards, premises, personnel and PR and marketing. Further details of full membership of these groups and attendance rates are available at the bottom of this page by following the link.
Chair Of Governors Vice Chair of Governors
Foundation Governor: Mr John Powell Local Authority Governor: Mrs Jenny Robson
Ex-Officio Governor: Miss Julie Wilson Staff Governor: Mrs Claire Leaver
Parent Governor: Mr Adrian Langford Parent Governor: Mrs Susan Poultney
Foundation Governor: Nigel Maddocks Foundation Governor: Mrs Pam Stubbs
Foundation Governor: Vacancy Foundation Governor: Mrs Elaine Mather
Foundation Governor: Mrs Sue Johnston Ex-Officio Governor: Rev. Sarah Dangerfield
Clerk to the Governors: Mrs Sue Headley
Instrument of Government
- The name of the school is FLADBURY CHURCH OF ENGLAND FIRST SCHOOL
- The school is a Voluntary Aided school.
- The name of the governing body is "The governing body of Fladbury Church of England First School"
- The governing body shall consist of:
a. Two parent governors
b. One LA governor
c. One staff governor
d. One headteacher
e. Seven foundation governors.
- Total number of governors: 12.
- The Board of Education of the Diocese of Worcester shall appoint three foundation governors. The Parochial Church Council of the Parish of Fladbury with Wyre Piddle and Moor and Cropthorne with Charlton shall appoint three foundation governors.
- (a) the holder of the following office shall be a foundation governor ex officio: The Rector of the Parish of Fladbury with Wyre Piddle and Moor and Cropthorne with Charlton
(b) The Archdeacon of Worcester shall appoint a foundation governor to act in the place of the ex officio foundation governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that that ex officio foundation governor is unable or unwilling to act as a foundation governor, or has been removed from office under regulation 21(1) of the Regulations.
- The Archdeacon of Worcester shall be entitled to remove any ex-officio foundation governor named in 7a and to appoint any substitute governor
- 9. Ethos Statement
Recognising its historic foundation, the School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level. The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages the understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
- This instrument of government comes into effect on 29 April 2015.
- This instrument was made by order of Worcestershire Local Authority on 29 April 2015.
- A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governor body (and the headteacher if not a governor), any trustees and to the appropriate religious body.
Please click the files below to access the Governing Body structure, attendance records and register of interests: